Information and resources available to support our primary industries and regions to assess and prepare for the impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Regional Development Commissions
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development will work closely with the State's nine Regional Development Commissions to continue to develop regional Western Australia.
The objectives of the Regional Development Commissions (RDCs) are to:
- maximise job creation and improve career opportunities in the region;
- develop and broaden the economic base of the region;
- identify infrastructure services needed to promote economic and social development within the region;
- provide information and advice to promote business development within the region;
- seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area; and
- generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development in the region.
- Gascoyne Development Commission
- Goldfields Esperance Development Commission
- Great Southern Development Commission
- Kimberley Development Commission
- Mid West Development Commission
- Peel Development Commission
- Pilbara Development Commission
- South West Development Commission
- Wheatbelt Development Commission