The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development offers a wide range of employment and career opportunities throughout Western Australia.
Working for DPIRD is both challenging and rewarding. We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and endeavour to create a positive work environment to enable employees to balance the demands of their job, family and other commitments while maintaining their health and wellbeing. It is people who drive change through creativity, enthusiasm and commitment.
DPIRD’s role is to ensure that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
- Protect: to manage and provide for sustainable use of our natural resources and soils, and to protect Western Australia’s brand and reputation as a reliable producer of premium, clean and safe food, products and services.
- Grow: to enable the primary industries sector and regions to increase international competitiveness, grow in value and social amenity and become a key pillar of the State’s economy.
- Innovate: to support a culture of scientific enquiry, innovation and adaptation across primary industries and regions to boost industry transformation, economic growth and employment.
Our values are critical in creating a healthy and dynamic culture that helps and encourages each and all of us to make our best contribution; to develop a workplace where we feel excited about our work and results; and where other people will increasingly want to join our team. Our values underpin how we operate:
- We value relationships - Our relationships with our clients, colleagues and stakeholders are at the heart of everything we do.
- We are resilient - We recover from setbacks, embracing and adapting to change because we have a clear focus on the big picture and long term impact.
- We are responsive - We understand the needs of our clients, colleagues and stakeholders and add value by tailoring our solutions accordingly.
- We focus on results - We strive to develop and provide excellent services that delivers meaningful results to the community we serve.
All our current vacancies are advertised on the WA Jobs Board website. Select the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development to view and apply for fixed-term and permanent vacancies
DPIRD encompasses the former departments of:
Applicants are encouraged to refer to the former department websites for further information on working with us.
DPIRD offers an exciting and challenging Graduate Development Program with a focus on promoting your personal learning, developing your career and giving you a chance to make a difference in Western Australia.
In 2019 multiple graduate opportunities will be available throughout DPIRD with the 12-month program exposing graduates to four (4) rotations in diverse business areas across the department.
Each rotation will involve graduates having a WorkMap that specifies placement objectives, behaviours and outcomes. The rotation could include a regional placement.
The department offers competitive employment conditions for graduates seeking career opportunities, development and a work life balance including:
- starting salary of $69,896 p.a. plus superannuation
- placement in a permanent position
- training and development
- flexible working conditions
- extensive support networks
- community impact
As a DPIRD graduate you can expect to:
- build technical skills across diverse business units
- work on solving real business problems and projects
- build your professional network with talented leaders
- uncover your capacity through challenging work and constructive feedback from your supervisor
Graduate positions will be advertised on Jobs.wa.gov.au when available.
For further information, email DPIRD’s Graduate Program.